EcoTourism Ireland’s main goal is to assist ecotourism enterprises to manage tourism more sustainably. We strive to help companies minimise their environmental impacts and that the tourism industry recognise and gain from the benefits and cost advantages derived from being green.Our ultimate aim is to protect and enhance the environment, and to improve the well-being of communities in local areas.
Our programmes help design co-ordinate and test sustainable solutions on the ground. We then work to develop tools and guidelines to replicate good practice elsewhere.
EcoTourism Ireland’s Training Helps Local Tourism Businesses
- Identify key drivers of environmental legislation and Sustainable Impact Management, making business more sustainable
- Assist Individual companies taking sound steps towards this goal
- Identify factors contributing to climate change and adapt accordingly
- Recognise that consumers are more willing to take action for a more sustainable holiday
- Market your environmental policies and operations
- Reduce, reuse and recycle – manage waste and recycle
- Create energy audits and efficiency measures
- Identify what makes your local area unique and distinctive
- Recognise impacts arising from tourism on natural heritage
Working closely with destination networks, small businesses, rural enterprises, professional institutes, tourism bodies, leader funded projects, etc., we are making great strides towards these goals.
Developing ecotourism offers a hugely positive message about travel, as well as a way to safeguard resources and tourist destinations in the future.