Why Become a Member?
“I believe it is crucial that all of us recognise our mutual involvement and shared objectives and work together to achieve the most advantageous outcomes for biodiversity. We all have a role to play in protecting our natural resources and using them in a sustainable manner. Ecotourism can be the key to developing unique experiences in many special places and in the rural community which benefits both the visitor and local people alike” said the Minister.
Jimmy Deenihan TD Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht
As a member, we help you to assess your business practices, and how you might be able to improve them to make them more responsible.
Here are a few items that we can help you with:
- What is the environmental impact of your business?
- How much do you, and could you, feed into the local economy?
- Should you have an ecotourism policy in place for your business?
- What is eco-labelling and how can you get it?
- What funding and training is available in ecotourism?
- How do you market or sell an ecotourism business?
We can only provide training to a network of businesses, please contact your Client Services Manager in Fáilte Ireland or your local Leader company to see if any support can be given to a group in your area.
EcoTourism Ireland are happy to speak at conferences and local development awareness sessions also.
Please contact us using the details below
Main Street, Manorhamilton,
Co. Leitrim, Ireland
(office by appointment only)
Tel: +353 71 9856898 Mobile 087 -6841531
Email: [email protected]