Code of Conduct
1. Practice and promote ecotourism principles according to the principles of ecotourism, as established by TIES .
- Minimize impact.
- Build environmental and cultural awareness and respect.
- Provide positive experiences for both visitors and hosts.
- Provide direct financial benefits for conservation.
- Provide financial benefits and empowerment for local people.
- Raise sensitivity to host countries’ political, environmental, and social climate.
5. Practice and educate their staff and visitors on the ‘Leave no Trace’ Ethic:
- Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Be Considerate of Others
- Respect Farm Animals and Wildlife
- Travel and Camp on Durable Ground
- Leave What You Find
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Minimise the Effects of Fire
6. Through correct implementation of responsible marketing procedures by our members, visitors are provided with full and responsible information that increases respect for the natural and cultural environments of destination areas, enhancing customer satisfaction.
7. Accurate implementation of EcoTourism licensing standards as issued to all members with certification, will enhance the accuracy and transparancy of your EcoTourism products and services.